When you purchase a heating system or air conditioner, you need to protect your investment. That is why annual Miami heater and air conditioner tune–ups are so important. These regular visits are designed to keep your heating and cooling systems in top working order and will ensure long-term efficiency and fewer repairs.
If are ready for a Sunrise HVAC tune up, call us today to learn more. One of our expert Weston air conditioning and heating technicians will be standing by waiting to assist you.
South Florida AC Systems Tune-up Tasks
During your tune-up, there are a number of tasks that will be completed. In most cases, tune-ups are completed twice a year –– once in the fall for your heating system and once in the spring for your cooling system in Fort Lauderdale or anywhere in the surrounding South Florida area. During each of these tune-ups, the following systems are checked:
- System Controls – The controls on the furnace, heat pump or air conditioner are checked to ensure they work properly. This includes the limit switch and any safety controls or zone controls.
- Electrical Connections – All electrical connections are tested for voltage and tightened to ensure they work properly. Not only are faulty electrical connections a fire hazard, they can put your HVAC system at risk of damage.
- Thermostat Settings – We test your thermostat thoroughly to ensure it matches the temperature settings displayed. This is done in your home and at the HVAC system.
- Moving Parts – Blower fan motors and other parts are lubricated and tested to ensure they are working properly.
- Condensate Drain – Your heat pump or air conditioner has a condensate drain that can get clogged or blocked if not cleaned regularly. This is done during a Hollywood tune up.
West Palm Beach Cooling Tune-up Tasks
In addition to the above tasks, the following may be completed each spring only on your Miami air conditioning system:
- Refrigerant Levels – While refrigerant should not change because it is not consumed by your system, it should be checked once a year to ensure it is not either too low or too high. If so, it may not run properly.
- Clean Coils – If your system has dirty coils, it may not run properly. Energy costs can increase and the lifespan of your equipment may decrease. It is recommended that this be done twice a year if you have a heat pump.
- Clean and Adjust Blower Components – Your blower fan is responsible for accuracy of the cooling system so it is important to test and adjust it. This can increase efficiency by as much as 15%.
Miami Heating Tune-up Tasks
In addition to the tasks listed above for general maintenance, it is important to perform the following maintenance on your heating system:
- Check Gas Connections and Pressure – Gas connections are vital and while they rarely get dirty or loosen, an annual checkup is very important.
- Test Burner Combustion – If the burners do not combust properly or do not burn fully, there is a risk of gas building up too much or of fume leaks.
- Check Heat Exchanger – The heat exchanger should work properly to move heat from the furnace chamber to the air handler.
Fort Lauderdale Heating and Cooling Tune-up Experts
Whatever your heating and cooling needs, we offer South Florida HVAC tune up services you need to keep your Miami, Hollywood, or West Palm Beach home’s HVAC system running properly. Contact Solar Bear today for more information.